Solved

How to Validate User belong to specific User Role to Edit Project Definition via Workflow

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I need to do a validation, There is a method in SECURITY_SYS.Is_Role_Granted
I need to validate if user belong to specific Roles if not provide and error when updating project definition
I have created the Custom Event to trigger the workflow.
wondering how to perform it via BPA

SQL METHOD
CUSTOM EVENT

icon

Best answer by Lahirumala de Mel 23 August 2023, 08:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It is only possible to use Rest APIs in IFS workflow framework and it is not possible to call plsql methods. What you can do first is to check if there is a projection already existing to achieve the same thing that is done by this plsql method. If not, you can also configure a custom projection to call this plsql method. Then you can use that API in a validation type workflow.

Badge +2

@Lahirumala de Mel I was not able find any projection that can archive this, and I tried to create custom projection its only allowing to call procedures not functions that returns a value. I cannot call this method from projection configuration 

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Create a Quick Report or Custom Field with the following SQL Statement:

SELECT 'TRUE'
FROM fnd_user_role_runtime_tab
WHERE identity = Fnd_Session_API.Get_Fnd_User
AND role = 'ROLE_I_WANT_TO_CHECK;

Each quick report has its own projection so you should be able to call that from the Workflow. If that doesn’t work the Custom Field will definitely be available to call from the workflow.