Question

How to setup a SFTP connection using ifs connect in IFS10?

Badge +4

Hi all,

I would like to setup SFTP connection to IFS 10 using IFS connect. Can anyone please guide me by giving the steps.

Thank you.

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @sachini 

what exactly do you want to use or setup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can also check the technial documentation of IFS: IFS Cloud Technical Documentation

Badge +4

Hi,

I want to send and receive files using SFTP from IFS. I want to know the steps that I need to follow for that in below window.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you have already a sftp user you can create an IFS case because they have to create a knownhosts file and if you wish a key file. Then tey will proviede you the paths of these files.

Badge +4

Hi,

Who will be creating the knownhosts file? I am new to IFS connect. Can you please tell me the steps?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

IFS will generate a knownhosts file for you.

Are you in cloud?

Badge +4

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

OK, then you need definitive support from IFS cloud team.

Check also the link I have been posted here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Follow this:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/030_administration/030_integration/300_ifs_connect/010_configure_connect/060_transport_connectors/configure_sftp_transport_connector/#creating_a_known_hosts_file

Badge +4

Hi All,

Can I know that what directory I should enter to IN_DIRECTORY as below when creating a SFTP READER? is it the sender’s folder where data is transferred from?

Additionally, I would like to know that if I want to setup a sftp connection to receive data only then, do I  need a create a SFTP Reader and Inbound Routing Rule without destination address only? Is there any other steps I need to follow to setup a SFTP connection to receive data only? is Destination address for Inbound Routing Rule required for sending data from IFS or receiving data to IFS?

Thank you,

Sachini

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Sachini,

IN_DIRECTORY is the SFTP directory where the external system is putting the files, which IFS should picked up from.

To read files using SFTP and process in IFS, you need first identify what’s the BizAPI or PL/SQL method needed to be executed and create a routing address using that destination.

Then you need to setup Inbound routing rule to identify the file (based on file content or location) and route to routing address created above.

IFS documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/240_integration/300_ifs_connect/030_routing_rules_addresses/default.htm#Understanding_Inbound_routing

i.e.

If you are setting up a standard integration flow like receive invoice, receive bank payments ...etc, you could find example routing address and routing rules already defined by IFS. You can duplicate and create your own.

Hope it helps!

Damith

Badge +4

Hi,

Can I know that what directory I should enter to ARCHIVE_DIRECTORY as below when creating a SFTP READER? 

I am going to get bank statements which will be none xml using SFTP connection. What Is the destination address I should use for getting bank statements? Is it PL/SQL or BIZAPI or any other Transport connector? What is the difference between PL/SQL or BIZAPI destination and when do we use them? How can I know the which transformer is suitable for bank statements?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi,

Can I know that what directory I should enter to ARCHIVE_DIRECTORY as below when creating a SFTP READER? 

I am going to get bank statements which will be none xml using SFTP connection. What Is the destination address I should use for getting bank statements? Is it PL/SQL or BIZAPI or any other Transport connector? What is the difference between PL/SQL or BIZAPI destination and when do we use them? How can I know the which transformer is suitable for bank statements?

Hi @sachini 

if you import a bank statement form your file (for example folder “in”) IFS will create a archive file in this path. The destination address is the “In_Directory”. You need a physical path.

Is your bank staement in MT940 or CAMT format?

Badge +4

Hi,

Please not that above screenshot is is incorrect. It only has dummy data. Is it compulsory to add ARCHIVE_DIRECTORY?  How can I get the  path for ARCHIVE_DIRECTORY? I already ask it from IFS. But they didn’t provide me 

I am not sure about the format of my bank statements,. Will confirm it and let you know. I have added the folder name  where I cam getting the bank staments to In_Directory. is that the  same In_Directory path I should add as a destination address in above inbound routing rule. But the file location provided by bank is the source right ? it is not the destination. Then Why should I  add it as destination address?

I didn’t get your point. Can you please explain a bit?

Thanks,

Sachini

Badge +4

Hi,

The file format of the bank statement is BAI2 or NAI (It is a bank’s format). If I want to send the an email with this receveid bank statement then can I add email address as destination address like this?

Above screenshot is a current one. I would like to know if the bank statement is pdf then “Route From” should be NONE_XML or not. SFTP Reader is as below.

I only know “DTAUACIN” as folder name in the bank. is this correct to add that folder name to “in_directory” as below? is it should be changed as /DTAUACIN?

I am getting an error when testing this inbound rule by selecting bank statement pdf. Please help me.

I would also like to know once it this is completed how can I run this to get files? Is there any steps I should follow or schedule a job something like that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @sachini 

you can’t import MT940 via IFS Connect. I recommend using CAMT if you want to import automatically via IFS Connect.

Badge +4

Hi ,

The file format of the bank statement is BAI2 or NAI (It is a bank’s format). can’t I import those files types via IFS Connect?

Thank you,

Sachini