Solved

How to reverse an Aurnea page's built in status (ex: Active -> Preliminary)

• 31 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have a question regarding IFS’ built in status’ and if there was a way to reverse the status (state) workflow.

For example, the Change Request page has 4 built in states, ‘Preliminary’, ‘Active’, ‘Processed’, and ‘Cancelled’. We are trying to find a way to reverse a Change Request’s status from Processed to Active, or Active to Preliminary.

Is there an out-of-the-box way to accomplish this?

Is there a way to reverse the status using API calls with a Custom Action?

I did attempt to modify the state of the Change Request using the ECO_REQUEST_API.Modify__ (info_, objid_, objversion_, attr_, action_); API call, but was unable to succefully change the state this way.

We are using IFS10 UPD10. Any help or better understanding of this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Change Request page status (states)

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 1 April 2021, 07:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Status flows are fixed in the code and can’t be changed. I guess the biggest reason for this is that it often happens more things than just a status change when you change status.

You can see what is possible to do if you look at function Finite_State_Events__ (or Finite_State_Machine___ but that is harder to see.)

Below is from Eco_Request_API. There you see that for state active you can only move to Cancelled or Processed.