Solved

How to request Installation files for IFS?

• 14 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Dear Community!

One of the typical questions arising from time to time is how to request installation files for a Project.

This one is related to a customer trying to get from IFS Applications 7.5 to IFS Cloud.

That task has to be performed in two steps. The steps are clear.

Install a database 

import the data

upgrade using build_home scripts

to go from 7.5 to 8, 9 or 10 as an example.

From there, we can go to cloud based on the technical documentation.

Now, I need to know how to request a build_home for an upgrade from 7.5.

Do I have to create a case? Whom to address this topic directly?

Is there any process documentation on that? I have found non internally.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

I guess, we have to create specific LCS cases to request those installation files. 

When we have a newer version of IFS installed, than, we can request the rest by using the cloud build place. But the step in between is not clear.

Kind regards and thanks

Technical Toby

icon

Best answer by Technical Toby 20 December 2021, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Technical Toby,

I think you can get all info from this KBA: 

Additionally - Mentions getting the build_home as a delivery: 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r1/Foundation1/020_installation/010_installing_fresh_system/035_preparing_fresh_install/default.htm 

Hope this helped.

/Nimesh
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nimeshkasun/

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Technical Toby ,

There are are two different routes to move to IFS Cloud, a direct move or via IFS Applications 10.

Please refer the below post for more information (upgrade from IFS7.5 to IFS10). The best is to contact the IFS Global Consulting Organization on this matter.

Hope this helps.

/Oshada

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Oshada Samarasinghe , @Nimesh Kasun 

I already found all required hints on how to upgrade.

But unfortunately, the “How to contact IFS Global Consulting” is nowhere mentioned.

Thus, I raised this topic. 

I need to really know how to request the files. Via Case? Cloud Portal? Or some other department or tool.

The idea behind that is to inform partners, customers and colleagues alike on how to request the files properly.

From my point of view this has to go via an LCS Case, but of that I am not 100% sure.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Oshada Samarasinghe , @Nimesh Kasun 

I already found all required hints on how to upgrade.

But unfortunately, the “How to contact IFS Global Consulting” is nowhere mentioned.

Thus, I raised this topic. 

I need to really know how to request the files. Via Case? Cloud Portal? Or some other department or tool.

The idea behind that is to inform partners, customers and colleagues alike on how to request the files properly.

From my point of view this has to go via an LCS Case, but of that I am not 100% sure.

Kind regards,

Tobias

Hi @Technical Toby,

Yes, you can create a case to the services.

But the best way would be to contact the client manger/ CSM (Customer Success Manager - if the customer has). So that customer/you can discuss in detail otherwise it will be a lengthy process for this upgrade. You can find these info via LCS on the particular customer.

/Nimesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

so there is no general process description for all specific parties on how to request installation files for upgrades.

We have customers, colleagues and partners alike who need to request such files. And I am not talking about all the rest related to the upgrade.

Only the files for the Build_Home.

Regards
Tobias

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Technical Toby,

I’m sorry, I’m not aware of any other process at the moment. May be someone else can give some suitable ideas here.. :relaxed:

/Nimesh