Solved

How to make popup/notification/alert appear via workflow while using Event actions?

• 25 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I would like to have a popup or alert appear when a user prints off the Shipment Delivery Note. I initially tried to use a user task, but these can only be used with a projection action. I need values to pass through so I have access to the SOURCE_REF1 field for Shipment lines, so what is the best way to go about this?

With the projection action, I don’t have access to SOURCE_REF1, and with the event action, I don’t have access to a user task to notify the user. What is the solution here? It seems like there is no good way to approach this issue. (Why is IFS intentionally difficult to work with?)

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 26 April 2023, 15:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

After some modifications, I was able to use a projection task and read from a shipment line, to get the source_ref1 field. This allowed me to use a projection action as the trigger, and to use a user task to notify the user. 

The question still remains on why this limitation is in place, and what purpose does it serve.