Solved

How to import a debug console trace into another debug console client

• 31 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I have run an IFS EE client process that is failing with the EE Debug Console on. So now I have exported the session  into an xml file with the Debug Console Export button. Now I want to test that the file can be imported into another debug console client before sending it to our developers for analysis, but I do not find any import option to do this in the Debug Console, so how can such files be imported into another debug console client for analysis? I have tried using the FIle - Import from File option on the debug console, but this only allows the import of .dcs files, which just seem to contain debug console client settings, not any actual debug session information.

icon

Best answer by mwilson 3 April 2023, 21:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I have never been able to import them anywhere.  So I just open them up in a text editor.  Most of the data id text based with only a few fields being binary.

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi, thanks very much for that, I have tried using a text editor, and can see the information is provided.
If anyone from IFS is looking at this, is there a reason why there is an Export option, but no Import option for someone else to receive the xml file and read it in their debugger, where it is in a better format than an xml text file?

Badge +4

Hi,

I think this export functionality is mainly intended for developers to get the debug logs related to database calls. Debug log is created at the time when you do any action or event in the application and as per my knowledge this cannot be copied to another debug console. If your requirement is to recreate an action or event in the application, and if you have access to the database, then copy special option would be helpful since you can copy the relavant database call with parameters and run it in the databse using a test window.
Hope  this would helpful to you.