Solved

How to fix IFS Cloud Crystal report error

• 7 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I have created a crystal report for a customer order Pick list, but when I try to view the report in quick reports, I get this error 

I configured the selection formula to match the IFS result key on the Customer order pick list rep view’s result key as seen in an IFS Cloud tutorial, but still no luck viewing it on this page. 

Does anyone have experience with configuring crystal reports? Do I NEED to have crystal web services? because currently, I am not using it

Thanks and any response would be appreciated,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 8 February 2023, 00:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Just to add to this, the logs in the debug window are as listed:

Application - PATCH: [object Object]
Application - CMD(1): Execute Form_ViewReportCommand for 1 record(s).
Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"SQL"]}})
Application - CMD(1): > "FALSE"
Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"QUERY"]}})
Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"MS_REPORT"]}})
Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"DASHBOARD"]}})
Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"CR"]}})
Application - CMD(1): > "TRUE"
Application - CMD(1): navigate({"url":"page/QuickReportViewer/Crystal;$filter=QuickReportId eq ${QuickReportId}"})
Application - CMD(1): > "OK"
Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"WEB_REPORT"]}})
Application - CMD(1): Done Form_ViewReportCommand.

as you can see, once the page hits that “if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"WEB_REPORT"]}})” statement and returns false, nothing happens. I believe something is either configured wrong, or maybe IFS Cloud does not allow for Crystal reports to be viewed without Crystal web services configured.

Again, any information or insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

normally its an access issue, check permission sets, if possible use the IFSPRINT to run the report in crystal, you’ll get a more meaningful error message or at least be able to disregard that..

I’m assuming other crystal reports are working?

Rich

https://www.linkedin.com/in/erppm/

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bdoucette,

Sounds like you haven’t configured the Crystal Web Service yet for your environment. 

Do I NEED to have crystal web services? because currently, I am not using it

Yes, you need have the CWS configured in order to use Crystal Reports; either Operational or Quick Reports. You can find the documentation on how to configure the Crystal Web Service for IFS Cloud here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/005_operational_reporting/110_configure_crystal_web_service/

If your residency option is Cloud, then I believe IFS Cloud Ops team does this for you.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,

We have configured Crystal web services but we are now getting this error:

These are the logs:

Application - POST: [object Object]

Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"SQL"]}})

Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"QUERY"]}})

Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"MS_REPORT"]}})

Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"DASHBOARD"]}})

Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"CR"]}})

Application - CMD(1): navigate({"url":"page/QuickReportViewer/Crystal;$filter=QuickReportId eq ${QuickReportId}"})

Application - CMD(1): if({"expression":{"==":[{"var":"record.QrTypeDb"},"WEB_REPORT"]}})

Do you know how to overcome this error?

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,

We have configured Crystal web services but we are now getting this error:

These are the logs:

Application - POST: [object Object]

Do you know how to overcome this error?

Thanks,
Bryan

Hi @bdoucette,

You will need to debug this to get more information on the issue. 

1. Log into the server hosting IIS for Crystal.

2. Open the web browser: http://host/directory/Ifs_ReportService.asmx?op=GetSavedPDFReport

3. From here, while coming from the local host, it provides a form where you can make a manual Crystal request.

• FileName: your RPT filename
  • ParamaterValues: your result key if it's an operational report
  • LangCode: en (or your language)

4. Further investigate and analyze CWS logs.