Solved

How to execute a workflow via a database task?

• 17 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I’ve been looking for so many ways to execute a workflow on a daily schedule for IFS Cloud. There have been some IFS Employees that have mentioned that they don’t know how to, but I still want to believe there is a way to do this. I am trying to close expired Business Opportunities and Sales Quotations by running a workflow I built. I also would like to send an email out when Sales Quotations and Business Opportunities are 7, 5, or 3 days away from expiring.

Is there any way to accomplish this? It seems like IFS Cloud is so limited in what you can do. In Apps10 you had some workarounds for accomplishing this but it seems like there is no way to do this in IFS Cloud.

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 19 May 2023, 15:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I found a solution for this. Workflow cannot be scheduled to be run on a set time, they can only be triggered via an event action, or a projection action. 

The solution I came across was to schedule a report to get run every day, and create a custom event to see if that report gets created on the print manager screen. From there, you can create an event action off of this and filter based off of the schedule ID field. Tie this event action to your workflow and you should have a working scheduled workflow.