How to easily find the corresponding RestAPI

• 31 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 545 replies

Community,

do you know a way can easily map the RestAPI name in IFS?

For example, I have a shop order, then on the shop order header, I do Reserve, I would like to know what RestAPI can do this job?

I attached the debug log. i can see lots of API called, but how to map them to RestAPI?

Thank you.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ronhu ,

Are you using the IFS Aurena client or IFS Enterprise Explorer (IEE) client?

If you are using IEE I do not believe it uses Rest API's but rather the .NET Acres Provider.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@william.klotz We are using IEE, but we can open Aurena. I can see API Explorer can get all the RESTAPI, but how to precisely locate the RESTAPI, that is a challenge, I think. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ronhu,

open Aurena and DevTools (Console - F12 or Ctrl + Shift + I) in Browser on tab Network.

Navigate to wanted page right before action, clean content of Network tab and do action.

then tab contains all calls done by framework

in this example GET (read) call of Search

when you choose record, you can see:

• on tab Headers: URL and all URL parameters, result status code
  • on tab Payload: content of request - all parameters, 
  • on tabs Preview/Response: response

Retrieving data are GET request, modifications are PATCH requests and Creation or Calling actions are POST requests.

Modify example:

Hope it helps

BR

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@william.klotz Appreicated, will try. Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thorough response from @InfFilipV. Thanks. The recommendation as written there is to use the Browser console and locate the applicable call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Postman Interceptor is also another way to capture requests in Aurena. One advantage is that you’ll get the requests with the payload added to a postman collection so you don’t have to do it manually.

https://learning.postman.com/docs/sending-requests/capturing-request-data/interceptor/

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@ashdlk 

@dsj 

Thank you for your input.