Question

How to drop a module in Git repository for Cloud

• 17 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

We’ve decided to drop an integration module so we can rewrite it ourselves in a way that meets our business requirements.

Question 1:

When I remove the -Cust files in other modules that reference the custom module, I get build errors when I try to create the topic environment, as though the topic environment isn’t built from a clean slate. My workaround so far has been to rewrite these as nearly empty files, but I’d rather remove them. How can I remove -Cust files that are no longer needed from the customer solution repository in a way that allows the topic environment to successfully build without them?

Question 2:

Even after disabling the module in solutionset.yaml, the packages from the custom module are still showing up as invalid objects in the error logs from the topic environment (_ERROR_install.log). It fails to even get that far if I remove the line from solutionset.yaml altogether. What’s the right way to drop a module and its associated packages?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @durette,

In order to remove the database objects connected to an entity, you need to add a cleanup script (.cdb) to remove the included objects in the entity.

You can use Remove_XXX methods in DATABASE_SYS to remove different types of objects.

Check a sample script in this topic

how to obsolete files in Git Hub in IFS Cloud | IFS Community

This helps to solve the invalids in the topic env.

I’m not sure what’s the right way to remove an entire module. Tagging @Tomas Ruderfelt 😉

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @durette 

If you want to remove a cust from from you solution repository, you can obsolete that file. Then the code generator no longer will consider that obsoleted file when generating code.

In order to obsolete you can use the RMB menu option available in the Developer studio tool. 

/Harshini