Question

How to create Error messages in Aurena

• 14 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi 

For several of our customizations, we use built in packages/procedures such as Error_SYS.Appl_General to throw errors in the IFS client and stop what a user is doing if they/what theyre doing do not meet our criteria. 

How can we accomplish this in Aurena? I have not had any success using these procedures as part of our custom commands.

We are using IFS 10.8

Thank you in advance

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Nicklas,

I am using Record_General, just a basic test to prevent an add to CustomerInfo (Custom Event PL/SQL):

BEGIN
Error_SYS.Record_General('CustomerInfo', 'Sorry, you cannot add a new Customer.');
END;

It appears to work the same in Aurena as IEE.  When I try to add a Customer in Aurena, I get this:

Aurena

When I try to add a customer in IEE I get this:

IEE

Are you saying that in Aurena errors are not being thrown, and users can go ahead and modify data, while in IEE they are stopped? Can you provide some example code from your Custom Event/Actions?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi and thank you for the response

For testing purposes i have created a PLSQL procedure 
PROCEDURE THROW_ERROR2 IS
BEGIN
Error_SYS.Record_General('BusinessOpportunity','Testing Error_SYS.Appl_General ');
END;
In the client i have created a custom menu which uses this procedure. This throws and error like the one you show:

But when i create a custom command/action on the same page BusinessOpportunity in Aurena, nothing happens, no error or anything.

Best Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Nicklas,

I have not done much with Custom Commands in Aurena, so I do not know about getting a message to pop up when it is not part of a Custom Event. It could be that the Error_Sys stack works differently in a straight PL/SQL method call when it isn’t part of Custom Event flow (where I am able to get messages to pop up in both IEE and Aurena)?

Perhaps you could open a support ticket with IFS to see what they say? When it comes to Aurena, it is difficult to know if something is working as designed, is buggy, or just isn’t fully implemented yet. IFS support should be able to at least tell you which of those three scenarios you are stuck in.

Good luck,

Joe Kaufman