Skip to main content
Question

How to change Max Idle time in IFS Cloud

• 24 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Hi,

In IFS Cloud(21R2), what are the options available to change automatic log out time of the IFS client application and mobile client when a user hasn’t been active for sometime (X minutes) ?

I noticed that there is a system parameter called ‘Max idle time’ in Apps10 but I coudn’t find the same in IFS Cloud. 

Best regards,

Indika

Hi @HoiIndikW,

There is no way of doing this in IFS Cloud 21R2. At least not yet. The default values are set as below,

Session Idle is 2 hours, SSO Session Max is 10 hours and Access token time span is 1 hour.

Hi @HoiIndikW ,

As noted above by @Himasha Abeywickrama , the the default timeout values have been defined in the 

default identity provider. As the access token life span is set to 1 hour, the user will be prompted to login again to the application if the client is left idle for more than 1 hour.  These values in identity provider have not been exposed in the application and hence not configurable at the moment. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Kasun

Hi @Himasha Abeywickrama and @Kasun Balasooriya,

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,

Indika 

@Himasha Abeywickrama Has this changed for 23R2?

@MELuther A system parameter has been added in 23R2 to control the timeout value.

@Roel van Zwieten FndSettings is fully granted to the permission set I have. I can see the system parameter, but it is not editable. Other parameters are editable.

Which parameter are we talking about? Both of these cannot be edited.

BTW, if the first parameter parameter on this list is linked to Oracle max_idle_time, has the second one had its counterpart somewhere?

So did we get an adjustable idle time in 23R2 or not?

Does anyone know who to edit those values in the system parameter?

This still doesn’t seem to be possible, even in 24R1 (just checked).
No way to edit the values.

But as there is a parameter and that is the actual value that's used it should be possible to change it from SOMEWHERE.

In on-prem, could it be changed from the database?

Would managed cloud change it if requested with a ticket?

Or where are the defaults defined? Do you need to do a delivery in order to get it changed?