Solved

How to automatically close a Business Opportunity when expiration date gets hit

• 4 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I am attempting to have Business Opportunities automatically close when it passes their expiration date. I have used workflows and scheduled database tasks before, but there does not seem to be a way to create a database task to schedule it to run every day to check for expired Business Opportunities, and there does not seem to be a way to schedule a workflow to run every day. I’m not aware of any projection actions or event actions that get run every day.

What can I use to achieve what I’m looking for? Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 19 May 2023, 15:08

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

This is a bit of a hack and you will not get a full recipe, but if you can find a standard scheduled task that runs every day, which "does" something in the database, you might be able to piggyback on the database insert, update or delete done by the task to create your own custom event that does what you want to do.

Just an idea.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Mathias Dahl

Thanks for the quick reply. That’s a shame, is IFS working on a solution for this? It seems like a pretty basic feature that other ERP/CRM’s have. 

I think camunda workflows have a timer function already, but it’s not in IFS Cloud’s implementation.

What would you suggest I do for this?

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Also @Mathias Dahl can you please explain why this database task I created wouldn’t fully work?

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Mathias Dahl

Thanks for the quick reply. That’s a shame, is IFS working on a solution for this? It seems like a pretty basic feature that other ERP/CRM’s have. 

I think camunda workflows have a timer function already, but it’s not in IFS Cloud’s implementation.

I'll try to get a comment on this from people who knows.

What would you suggest I do for this?

Thanks,
Bryan

I outlined a solution in my reply above 🙃

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Also @Mathias Dahl can you please explain why this database task I created wouldn’t fully work?

Thanks,
Bryan

Care to share more details on what you tried?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Also @Mathias Dahl can you please explain why this database task I created wouldn’t fully work?

Thanks,
Bryan

Care to share more details on what you tried?

Hi @Mathias Dahl , I didn’t try anything, I saw your response on how it wouldn’t fully work and didn’t create it because of that. I was asking why you said it wouldn’t fully work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Okay. A misunderstanding then.

I suggest you give the idea in my first reply above a try (the "hack"). That idea involves writing custom events only, no workflow/BPA.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I ended up using a scheduled report to run daily, which triggers an event action, which calls my workflow. This allows me to schedule my workflows to run on whatever schedule I want. 

I’m surprised no one came up with this solution, but at least it’s done now.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Good to hear you solved it, thanks for reporting back! 💪🏻