Question

How do you use the "Bundle" options with a custom menu that calls a Quick Report?

• 10 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I have created a custom menu that calls an IFS Quick Report with a type of Crystal Report. How do I use the bundled data in the Crystal Report. For example, the bundled data for

• ORDER_NO looks like ‘1’,’2’,’3’,’4’.
  • RELEASE_NO looks like ‘1’,’1’,’1’,’1’
  • SEQUENCE_NO looks like ‘1’,’1’,’1’,’1’

How does Crystal know to break this into 4 different order numbers, release no, and sequence no values?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @alanbclark ,

The Bundle Execution property on custom menus of type Quick Report enables the custom menu to operate on several objects selected in an overview window. If not used, the custom menu operation only applies to one selected object. The Quick Report must also be designed to support bundled execution. This means it must be of type "SQL Statement" and the where clause of the SQL statement must use the IN operator.

If you need to refer to an example refer below link.

Quick Report Custom Menu Sample (ifs.com)

Therefore it cannot be done with a crystal report.

But you can create a custom field with all the values together and then map it to a parameter in the crystal report and then break it accordingly in the selection formulas.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @alanbclark ,

The Bundle Execution property on custom menus of type Quick Report enables the custom menu to operate on several objects selected in an overview window. If not used, the custom menu operation only applies to one selected object. The Quick Report must also be designed to support bundled execution. This means it must be of type "SQL Statement" and the where clause of the SQL statement must use the IN operator.

If you need to refer to an example refer below link.

Quick Report Custom Menu Sample (ifs.com)

Therefore it cannot be done with a crystal report.

But you can create a custom field with all the values together and then map it to a parameter in the crystal report and then break it accordingly in the selection formulas.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Nice solution! I wasn't aware of this.