Question

How do you IMPORT an event (APPS9)

• 13 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +3
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 9 replies

I have exported an Event & Event Action form APPS9 DEV environment, I now want to Import. How do I do this?

I have a .INS file created for each (Event and Event Action).

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

If you are hosting your own environment, then you should be able to open the .ins file in a PLSQL application session and then execute the code to deploy the event and then the action to the database.

Would recommend testing by deploying the code to a TEST or second DEV environment before trying to your LIVE database.

This has worked for me into an Apps8 environment before - and the functionality in Apps10 EE looks similar.

Badge +3

Thanks for this - it is hosted by IFS so we cannot do this, as we don’t have IFSAPP password (I’m assuming it needs to be executed under that user).

I guess the alternative is to raise a call with support for them to apply to PRD.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Tim - yes, we did it using the IFSAPP account. I am not aware of any other functionality to import the event via the EE client or similar - but others may well know better.

I would be suggesting a call with IFS as the next action (having been an IFS customer until 2 weeks ago ;-))

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Can you add to an Application Configuration Package, export THAT and then import?

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Tim 

you can create an ACP and put your event there. Export your ACP and import it to the other environment.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Tim 

you can create an ACP and put your event there. Export your ACP and import it to the other environment.

Great minds think alike! :-) 

Badge +3

Unfortunately, our DEV environment is being refreshed from PRD today, so using an ACP is out of the question. It just seems not right that we can Export, but not Import. I’ll go down the IFS support route, Thanks for all the contributions.