Solved

How do we understand whether a Lobby Dashboard is used or not by users?

• 13 October 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 275 replies

Hi,

We would like to understand if lobby screens are used or not used by users. Is it possible to understand when a user uses a lobby screen last time? Do users use any lobby? Quick Report has a log table. So, we can get this information. However, we need to do this for lobbies.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by KIMKIMANDREW 18 October 2023, 12:22

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @hhy38 I’ve also been thinking about this for some time. The best idea I have come up with is to use the raw apache logs that are generated and somehow tie that in with the URL that is generated by the unique ID of the lobby. Based on this you should be able to see the last time the URL was accessed and therefore understand if the are in/out of use. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We ended up writing a PL/SQL package that logged to a custom table.
Then added an element to each Lobby that called the API to write the log.

and then reported on that.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

We ended up writing a PL/SQL package that logged to a custom table.
Then added an element to each Lobby that called the API to write the log.

and then reported on that.

Hi @KIMKIMANDREW,
That’s look like very smart. Thank you. I will try to apply and I will turn back. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@hhy38 I like it, do you write to a custom LU? or some database alert log?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@hhy38 I like it, do you write to a custom LU? or some database alert log?

@david.harmer Probably, I will prefer to write an API. Because, we don’t need to see the logs on the application.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@KIMKIMANDREW Hi,

I prepared a function. Functions don’t allow to perform DML operation. How did you solve it?

Regards,

Hasan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Damith @dsj 

Do you have any suggestion?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @hhy38 

I suppose if you use PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION; in the function, then you could avoid this error. However, I think monitoring the http logs as  @david.harmer suggested would be a better approach for such a requirement.

Cheers!

Damith

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Damith thank you.

I don’t have any knowledge about monitoring http logs. If I can’t solve it. I will use this way.

when I write PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION. Some bizarre things happen. It didn’t work before and threw the “ora 06519 active autonomous transaction detected and rolled back” error. After some minutes It worked. I was happy a lot. I changed something in the same API which is not related to this function. Now it is throwing the same error. What happened? I couldn’t understand.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@dsj Damith,

I solved the problem. We must use COMMIT with PRAGMA AUTONOMOUS_TRANSACTION. I am happy again. :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Thank you all. The function adds logs to the custom page.