Question

How can i use Dynamic component dependency ? in the deploy file

• 9 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi everyone ,

i have this issue 

and  i need create the Dependency , if anyone has an example , please share .

Thanks For the Help.

Regards

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @HumbertoFloresD ,

You can add the dynamic dependency in deploy.ini as follows:

[Connections]
CONFIG=DYNAMIC

Here is the link for the F1 documentation: Dynamic dependency between components
This explains everything further.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @HumbertoFloresD ,

Dinushi has directed you to the correct place. 

And also make sure to use the @DynamicComponentDependency annotation in your code whenever you have referred an object belongs to another component to avoid any deployment or runtime issues. 

copied this section from above link to pay your attention.

Developer Studio usages of Conditional Compilation

If you want an entire PL/SQL method to be excluded or included depending on another component, use the @DynamicComponentDependency annotation. You may also use a static Boolean expression of your own to get the same result, by using the @DynamicDependency annotation.

/Harshini

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @HumbertoFloresD,

Technically you have to use @DynamicDependency annotation in your code and add module reference CONFIG=DYNAMIC in your modules deploy.ini file Connection section.

There is a point that the view you are trying to use in your code is a custom lu view. It is not recommended to use “configuration layer objects” in “customization layer”. In case you need to use those entities in your code, they have to be modeled and developed by developer studio and placed in your project structure.

IFS’s technical approach is making adaptions on highest layer as possible, upper layers can use lower layers objects but lower levels should not use upper level objects. In cases that rule is not omitted changes in configuration layer creates lots of invalid database objects and creates risks esp. for production environments.