Solved

How can be added HTTPS certificate for IFS Connect Transport Connectors

• 1 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If any third party mail servers / REST endpoints/HTTPS endpoints that requires SSL is being used you probably do not need to care about the certificate, but in case the certificate is not trusted, the mail reader will not be able to establish a connection to the server. To mark a certificate as trusted you need to get hold of the actual certificate and import it to the keystore using the keytool command.

To trust a certificate you need to use the keytool command supplied with the JDK. You will need to locate the JDK used during runtime by your application server.
You can choose to create a new truststore or use the cacerts that comes with the java installation.
Example:
<java_home>/bin/keytool -import -alias <certificate-alias> -file <certificate.cer> -keystore <truststore> -storepass <thePassword>

Sources:
Configure the HTTP Transport Connector - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Configure the REST Transport Connector - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

Configure the Mail Transport Connector - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

How could be this configuration done in Cloud? This documentation seem to be outdated.

If I know, there is no access to Docker container, where Server running. But maybe it is possible for OnPremise installation, but how it could be done on BuildPlace environments and Cloud hosted environments?

Thanks

BR

icon

Best answer by InfFilipV 9 February 2023, 14:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, I think this is the solution:

How are certificates handled in IFS Cloud for PSO Integration/Communication? | IFS Community

BR

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @TheofilLepschy,
thanks, its look like solution for UsePlace installed OnPremise.

But still do not know, how to use it during development in Build Place.

BR

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I do not know when it was added, but now (in 22.2.4) is there option on Routing Address to import Certificate.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi InfFilipV,

The ability for IFS Connect to import third-party certificates via the Web UI at run-time was introduced in IFS Cloud 22R2.

Regards,

Eric T. Heinze

Product Manager