Skip to main content

Dear all,

I have activated the history log in many tables of my application.

As you may know, the history information is recorded in two tables, HISTORY_LOG an HISTORY_LOG_ATTRIBUTES. History_log is the master record where there is the table name the history record belongs to and the key that points to the record the history data is related to. The HISTORY_LOG_ATTRIBUTES is the detail record and keeps the columns activated in the history log settings with the old and new values. Both master-detail tables are linked by the log_id column.

I tried to build my HISTORY VIEWER throught a Custom Menu and a Custom Logical Unit

The issue is that the Custom Menu is linked to a Window and Presentation Object, so I should create one Menu for each window in the sistem. The Custom Logical Unit needs to be set a fix number of  columns and for the history log, it is not a fix number as I can changen depending on the table and the setting.

I would like to add a new feature to my applicacion, so I can read the history data of any of the tables I have set it to. I would like to build a smart functionality. To do so I would need:

• A custom menu that applies to any screen
  • A window that shows a different number of fields depending on some parameters

Any idea of how I could accomplish this task?

Kind regards and thank you for your support

Be the first to reply!