Skip to main content

Hi, 

In App9 IEE, we have a customer requirement to limit access to marked Customer (Customer Order/Line/Invoice) related information for session user.so that only designated users will have access to that information.

The standard Field ‘Form of business’ at Customer window will be used in combine with access check (User without New permission set ABC_ACCESS granted) will prevent users to access Customer with ‘Form of business’ = ‘ABC’.

I would like to hear your inputs regarding the technical feasibility of the suggested solution OR there could be another approach to limit access to specific data related to Customer.

Thank you!  

Set up basic data for ‘Form of business’.

New Permission set

Hi @dsitlk ,

Sounds like you are looking for row level security on this specific entity. This is not something you will be able to do in Apps9 without a customization. Doing similar sort of things with the use of simple customizations for one or two screens or building a framework to do this across multiple screens using Oracle RLS feature has been done before (I know one example in Apps10) so technically this is feasible.

Cheers

Hi

As I know You can hide specific fields by profile settings. For example create basic profile and assign it to group of users. In this profile You have to hide fileds which You want. Additionaly You have to revoke from that user group access to Layout tab in windows Properties to allow them to .

But this is rather personalization than access limitation.