Solved

Get the current lobby page id

• 8 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

Is there a way to query/fetch the ‘pageid’ of the lobby page from which the data source query is being executed.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Rajika.

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 8 September 2021, 11:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you want to find the page id you can go to the lobby in Aurena.

Then you have the page id in the URL in your web browser.

Or if you are running APPS10 and are editing lobby in IEE client you can go to the lobby in the editor and then you have the page id in the URL in IFS.

If you do not see the URL you have to press <Alt> to open menu bar and then choose “View → Address Bar”:

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the quick response.

What I need is to fetch the pageid dynamically within the data source query. So, I can fetch data based on the pageid which uses the data source (since a single data source can be added into different lobby pages).

Regards,

Rajika.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you want to find the page from the data source you see the element(s) in the section “Used in Elements” in data source designer.

And then from element designer you see which page it is connected to and then see my first post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I don’t know if that is possible. Have never seen any substitution variable for page id.

I would recommend to create different data sources/elements. It is much cleaner than relying on the internal page id.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

One other thing you can do is to add an own parameter in the data source that you have to specify in the lobby page. Then you can use that to distinguish what you want to see.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks a lot Tomas!

I also thought about adding a parameter on the page, but the issue is that it will be visible to user and user has the possibility to type anything there.

Regards,

Rajika.