Solved

Functional Object status change notification

• 9 November 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I am attempting to create a Streams notice for when the Operational Status of a Functional Object changes. Specifically, I would like an alert when the status changes to “Out of Operation”. I created an event and event action using the LU and column that I assumed was correct:

However, the event is not triggering. I’ve tried various changes to the Event Action, but nothing is working. 

I’m not sure what I am missing with this setup, I’ve followed this same process for creating other notifications in IFS without issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by tobese 9 November 2020, 14:47

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is that column the db or client value? I think it would be good to use the db column if possible and compare with that.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@tobese how would I check that? I’m not sure how to verify if it is the column db or client value.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It is a table column so it should actually be the db value you should compare.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@tobese I don’t know how to find the db value. Is that in the debug or System Information Panel?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Couple of things, looking at the information you have provided.

• Where you define the custom event to be triggered especially with Fire When “Objects are changed”, you should also define “Only when these attributes are changed”, in your case it is the Operational Status column.  You don’t want the custom event to trigger on any column change.
  • You have stated that you want the custom event to trigger when the Operational Status is “Out of Operation” but in your “Conditions for performing the action” definition, your NEW:OPERATIONAL_STATUS = In Operation … this should be Out of Operation.
Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It should normally be ucase with space changed to _. (here OUT_OF_OPERATION)

Here is the declaration:

enumerationname SerialOperationalStatus;
component       PARTCA;

values {
   value Designed {
      XmlValue    "DESIGNED";
   }
   value NotApplicable {
      XmlValue    "NOT_APPLICABLE";
   }
   value PlannedForOperation {
      DbValue     "PLANNED_FOR_OP";
      ClientValue "Planned for Operation";
      XmlValue    "PLANNED_FOR_OPERATION";
   }
   value InOperation {
      XmlValue    "IN_OPERATION";
   }
   value OutOfOperation {
      ClientValue "Out of Operation";
      XmlValue    "OUT_OF_OPERATION";
   }
   value Scrapped {
      XmlValue    "SCRAPPED";
   }
   value Renamed {
      XmlValue    "RENAMED";
   }
}

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@tobese Thank you! That was exactly it. The moment I changed it the events started working. Thank you again for pointing me in the right direction!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Great, you’re welcome!