Skip to main content
Question

FTP Upload Problems using IFS Connect - IFS v10 - How to Debug

• 24 July 2024
  • 0 replies

IFSAPPS v10 (though the technology hasn’t changed much since at least v7)

We’re having problem uploading files to a remote SFTP server using IFS Connect.  When we try to connect with FileZilla to that same remote FTP server from the (same) middleware server as that on which IFS is running, we can connect just fine.

Moreover, this isn’t the first time we’ve used FTP on IFS Connect.  Sending file to other remote FTPs is working fine.  So we’re confident that we know how to configure IFS correctly.

Here’s the error we get when we try to “Test” our routing rule.

By contrast, one of our working SFTP connections gives us this output:

We have a slight inkling that despite entering the correct port number on the SFTP-connect-sender page, IFS is really still using port 22 behind the scenes.  This is a theory only at this stage, and we’re unable to prove it.

But herein lies my question.

How can I prove it?  I can’t find any logs or trace files of what is going on behind the scenes, except in a file called `ifsconnectdebug-IntServer1.1.log`. 

ifsconnectdebug-IntServer1.1.log

There are error messages that appear here at times that correspond to our testing, but they are impenetrable Java exceptions that are useful in a bicycle/fish kind of way.

Does anyone know how we can debug such issues?

(I hope I’m posting this on the correct sub-form - there doesn’t seem to be a Foundation stream!!)

0 replies

Be the first to reply!