Skip to main content

I want to alter a Purchase Part selection screen, as used when selecting items for a purchase order. Currently only the ID of the Purchase Group is shown and I want to also display the name (and allow the user to filter on it when selecting a part).

I can add an attribute as follows which looks up the description.

On its own, this works and I can see in the database that the PURCHASE_PART view now has an additional field that shows the name of the purchase group.

From what I could tell, in order to include the new field on the screen I needed to alter the following:

However I now get an error when trying to go onto that screen and it is because that screen appears to be looking at the PURCHASE_PART_LOV3 view. My new attribute is not included in that view.

It looks like the PurchasePart.views file contains the various additional views. Currently my PurchasePart-Cust.views file is blank. Is there any way I can get it to just add a single field to additional views? I don’t really want to copy out the whole code for all of the views because that is not very future proof.

This is on IFS Cloud 23R1.

Thanks.

Be the first to reply!