Question

Excel Output adding 00:00 timestamp

• 26 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good afternoon

We are upgrading from IFS8 to IFS10. We noticed in IFS10 Quick Report output in Excel/CSV is adding 00:00 timestamp while the report column in IFS is only displaying Date.

Same report IFS8 is working fine. no added timestamp when output to Excel.

Can anyone point on how to fix this. I am thinking this could be some server setting that’s converting date to Long format. Your input will be valuable in this regards,

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi, try using TRUNC keyword to get the dates only example:- TRUNC(t.invoiced_date), apply trunc for date values on your quick reports this should remove the timestamp on output files as well as report results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @OrangeCloud,

Try opening the CSV file using Notepad or Notepad++ and see if you still see the timestamp. Sometimes, MS Excel infers the type of data in a specific column and does some transformations such as changing types and formats. For instance, removing the zeroes at the start of a number and changing the date format. 

This way you can narrow down whether this happens when IFS outputs the data to CSV or only when Excel opens the file. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@EntShehaM @Charith Epitawatta  Thanks for replying. I already confirmed that, i am getting zeros in both CSV or TXT, zeros are added with dates. see the following snippet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @OrangeCloud,

@EntShehaM @Charith Epitawatta  Thanks for replying. I already confirmed that, i am getting zeros in both CSV or TXT, zeros are added with dates. see the following snippet.

In that case, it might be a good idea to try what @EntShehaM suggested. If you are still getting zeroes after that, I think it would be okay to open a case.