Skip to main content

Hi,

I’m trying to build a simple Business Lead migration job from excel. I need to input, among other things that work great, also note into Business_Lead.Note

Here’s how I’ve got it set up  for now:

Here’s the method:

Now when I validate and execute in excel all goes well but no note is migrated:

Any idea what am I missing please?

Hi @ABurn ,

Ran into the same challenge last year - this is how I solved it:

3 Migrations Jobs

MJ1 = CREATE_TABLE_FROM_FILE

When loading the data in MJ1 add a dummy column called LEAD_OBJID with a default value of ‘NO_OBJID’:

MJ1 File Mapping Dummy Column 

MJ2 = Use data loaded into IC table to create Business Lead, standard migration job using multiple methods:

Standard Migration Method List with 2 extra methods

You can see the last 2 methods are a bit different.

Method 60 is to mark the row as processed in the IC table to stop Leads from being uploaded more than once and to facilitate the updating of the Notes field.

Col Seq 64: Replace the default value in LEAD_OBJID with the OBJID of the Business Lead

You have to complete the following Source Mapping for Method 60:

Method 70 starts another migration job to update the BL Notes field:

MJ3 = Formatting Tab:

Only process rows where a Business Lead has been created

Method List Tab:

Where the magic happens...

Source Mapping Tab:

Use the LEAD_OBJID dummy column to find the new Business Lead, a simple select to get the Objversion and enter the column name(s) from the IC table created in MJ1 as the Note (I am using a simple SELECT … FROM DUAL to format my note as per business requirements).

Maybe someone has a simpler way to do it but this works :-)

@ABurn - Haven’t tried adapting this to work as an Excel DM but not too confident it will work, hopefully someone else will swoop in with an answer.

Amazing, thanks. I’d still love to have a simpler way but will also check this out.

By the way I see that you’re inserting contact, I’ll need to do that too so will try to replicate.

Thanks!

Amazing, thanks. I’d still love to have a simpler way but will also check this out.

The source migration - what was your source please? some CRM?

By the way I see that you’re inserting contact, I’ll need to do that too so will try to replicate.

Thanks!

No worries @ABurn. The source file for this job is a CSV output from iCapture (App for tradeshows and events).