Question

Excel Migration Job - Purchase Req with Pre Posting

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear community. 

I am creating a migration job to upload No Part lines to an existing purchase requisition and i have two code part columns to add at the same time. 

In the method list attribute for the PRE_ACCOUNTING table i can use PRE_ACCOUNTING_ID@50 which when i create new records brings the pre-accounting ID and the pre posting is inserted, all good….. however if i try to do an update after the original insert since there is no pre-accounting value generated by Seq 50 so it errors with Missing Mandatory Pre Accounting ID. 

I’ve set the value on the PRE_ACCOUNTING_ID on the Source Mapping tab to PURCHASE_REQ_LINE_API.Get_Pre_Accounting_Id(REQUISITION_NO, LINE_NO, RELEASE_NO) which brings the pre-accounting value no problem however since there is a fixed value in the Method List Attribute it ignores the value set in the Source Mapping Tab. 

If i remove the value in the Method List Attribute, the update works, but the insert fails…. 

Does anyone got any bright ideas, other than doing two migration jobs, one that inserts and then a second one that does the update?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!