Solved

Event Action URL

• 18 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 346 replies

We are in Apps9 and have various of the Purchase Authorisation Notification event action emails set up - like this one.  We have ClickOnce activated but users report when they click the link the relevant screen opens in the IFS application but it is not populating with the Order/Requisition number referred to in the notification.  

Can someone advise if it should be &MESSAGE_TEXT or &MY_QUERY that should be used in creating the custom URL?  

Or are there any other “knowledge gains” to do with default browser, ClickOnce extension option, or anything else I’m missing/getting wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Linda

icon

Best answer by dsj 29 November 2021, 18:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It only works if IFS is not open, otherwise, it will not retrieve the object.  I have this wording in all of the email notifications for approvals.

If IFS is open, use this document revision to connect to the approval
Document Revision: &KEY02

If IFS is not open, you can paste this URL into IE or Edge and IFS will open to this document revision
https://iifs.com/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application?url=ifsapf:frmDocumentContainer?external_search=DOC_NO=<VALUE_URL_ENCODE>&KEY02</VALUE_URL_ENCODE>

I’ve not found a way to make it work when IFS is open short of pasting the value into the IFS browser address window, which most users never understand anyway, so I don’t explain it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Well this is a bit of a bonkers quirk.  Sadly, even with IFS not open, this doesn’t work for me in either Chrome or Edge, nor clicking the link nor pasting.  Must be missing another trick somewhere.  Thanks, @ShawnBerk!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

That is odd.  I just double checked the last notification to be sure.  IFS closed, the link opened IFS, had to sign in, then took me to the document revision.  Then opened a new window, pasted the link to the address window, and the document revision opened.

Some other things to check:

• Open a document revision, grab the full URL from the address bar, and try using the URL from that method.  This might tell you if this is a network issue or IFS setup issue or possibly a browser difference.
  • Compare the URL grabbed manually from the address window with the one generated from the event and see if there are differences.

We are on V9 UPD13, not sure if there is a difference there for some reason compared to your version.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Maybe this is something to do with the fact you are referring to a setup you have for Document Revision whereas the one I’m trying to get to work is Purchase Authorisation.  

We are on V9 Update 13 also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, that must be the difference then. You would think the authorization setup and function for the events would be the same where authorizations are used, but seems the Authorization doesn’t have the same connection point for initial user as the Document Revision does.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @PRODQ 

External search could be sometimes troublesome to generate properly and if you have a specific record ro fetch via keys, then following method is easy.

Ex: below is to get a Purchase Order record

Go to Purchase Order and populate. In any record RMB, Send To, Mail recipient as Link

You’ll get the URL for the record open in the mail client

Copy the URL and paste in the event action.

Add the URL encoded PO no in the event parameters instead the value for key1

This method is pretty simple than creating the external search and works in both scenarios where IFS already open or need to login :)

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for the info, @dsj .  I’ll give it a try...