Solved

Event action not sending email?

• 11 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I’m using IFS Cloud. I currently have a custom event and an event action that should send an email every time a Business Opportunity closes. For some reason, even when the mail sender is on, emails aren’t being sent. Does anyone know why this might be the case? Everything looks fine to me.

My Custom Event:

Custom Attribute defined in the Custom event above

My Event action

When I close a Business Opportunity with the Reason ID of 40, nothing happens.

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 12 May 2023, 15:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @bdoucette ,

The screenshot of your event action details appears to not be enabled.  I always recommend testing event actions especially emails wide open so any change would send the email.  Once that’s working add you conditions and test again.  

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @william.klotz 

Yes I deactivated it after I tested. Please ignore that, I tested with that on as well as the custom event on.
Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @bdoucette ,

The screenshot of your event action details appears to not be enabled.  I always recommend testing event actions especially emails wide open so any change would send the email.  Once that’s working add you conditions and test again.  

Regards,

William Klotz

Also thank you for the quick reply, I appreciate it!

Userlevel 7

Are you getting other emails i.e. is the mail sender properly configured? 

Can you see any emails generated in the “NOTIFICATIONS” queue in Application messages?

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @anmise 

I just found the application messages page last night and saw the errors. I sent you a message on my other post. I think it’s an error with the API calls we discussed as the error is “Mail address 'To' field is not specified”

Thanks,
Bryan