Solved

Event action not enabled due to user task issue

• 25 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I have recently created a workflow that sends a text only user task to alert the user when a shipment has attachments that need to be printed off.

The event and event action I have created for this sees when the shipment_tab’s del_note_printed field has been changed, and if it has, trigger the workflow. 

This event action was able to be turned on before I added the user task, but now I’m getting this error.

What kind of error is this and how do I address it? Should I be using something else other than a user task to alert the user? They dont need to input anything, they only need to see the notification.

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by bdoucette 25 April 2023, 19:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

After digging around a little, I noticed that on the IFS documentation for Workflows, there are 3 types, User Interaction, Validation, and Process Enrichment. I understood this completely, but one thing I don’t fully understand, is that for Custom Event Actions, you can only pick 2 of the 3 workflow types when adding your workflow to be triggered when the event happens. These two are Validation and Process Enrichment.

Why is this the case? Can user tasks not be used with events or event actions? I’m not sure how or why IFS is setup that way, so I hope I am missing something.

If you cannot have a user task to work with event actions, then would it be possible to display a message, notification, or alert some other way? The only other option I can think of would be a failure event that displays a message, but this is not ideal as this stops everything else that would come after the failure event.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Bryan,

User tasks are not available with event actions. If you can use a projection action to trigger the same point as in the custom event you can use a user task in your case.

/Lahirumala

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Lahirumala de Mel 

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it. 

Do you know why this is the case? I don’t understand the limitation.

Thanks,
Bryan