Solved

Error when trying to connect to the Personal Portal: Object 'ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortalContext' (page 'ifs.fnd.portlets.MyLinks')is not in DEFINED state!

• 23 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

This query is regarding the ‘Personal Portal’ of an IFSAPP 7.5 client.

When I click on the ‘Personal Portal’ in the navigator, it gives me the below error.

I tried to clear the web page pool cache as mentioned in the below community post.

Clearing WEB page pool cache

But as soon as I logged in as app owner, I’m getting the same error in the browser as well.

Does anyone familiar with a similar issue, please?

I really appreciate your valuable opinions/suggestions to solve this issue.

Thank you in Advance!

icon

Best answer by suneth 9 January 2023, 05:26

View original

8 replies

Badge +14

Please find the error as below:

Object 'ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortalContext' (page 'ifs.fnd.portlets.MyLinks')is not in DEFINED state! Exception class: ifs.fnd.service.FndExceptionException stack: ifs.fnd.service.FndException: FNDPELNDEF: Object 'null' (page 'null')is not in DEFINED state!at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPoolElement.activate(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPage.doActivate(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortletProvider.doActivate(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPoolElement.activate(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortletHandle.activate(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortalColumn.activate(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortalProfile.activate(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortal.prepareProfileInfo(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortal.run(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPManager.createPortalPage(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.pages.Default.define(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPageProvider.main(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.asp.ASPManager.OnStartPage(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.servlets.RequestHandler.serviceImpl(Unknown Source)at ifs.fnd.servlets.RequestHandler.service(Unknown Source)at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:437)at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProtocol$AjpConnectionHandler.process(AjpProtocol.java:381)at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The reason for this error is an object in the page pool with the invalid state. These objects with invalid state can be created in page pool after occurring a runtime error in a page or portlet. You can solve this temporary by clearing the page pool. But after some time invalid object will be created again and error will popup again.

In this case, it seems like issue is in “My Links” portlet and may be a runtime error is occurring due to an invalid link in the portlet. Since the error is starting to popup after login as app owner, this invalid link could be stored in the personal profile of the app owner. So, you have to remove it manually by editing the personal profile of app owner using Solution Manager.

1. Open IFS EE Client and navigate to Solution Manager/User Interface/User Profiles/Explore Profiles/Personal Profiles and search for personal profile of the app owner.
  2. Select the personal profile and select RMB menu option “Show Details”. Then details of the personal profile will be shown as image1.
  3. Press “Export to File” link and save a backup copy of existing profile before doing any changes (see image1). If something goes wrong you can import the existing profile using this backup.
  4. Navigate to User/Web/b2een/Global/Links in Profile Content panel (see image1).
  5. Delete the entries like Link_0 under Links folder. Save the changes.
  6. Open <protocol>://<host>:<port>/b2een/secured/common/scripts/WebClientAdmin.page page in Web Client and Clear Profile Cache (see image 2).

Badge +14

Hi @suneth , Happy New Year!

I really appreciate your response and will follow these & get back to you.

Badge +14

Hi Suneth,

There is no Links section in the ‘IFSAPP Application Owner Personal’ profile.

Could this be a problem?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

No. It is  not a problem. Is a Base Profile assigned to ‘IFSAPP’ ?

Badge +14

Hi @suneth, Yes the IFSAPP user contains a base profile and I checked the profiles as you mentioned in the previous note.

This base profile also does not contain any links.

And unexpectedly the ‘Personal Portal’ has started working again without any changes.

Earlier we couldn’t connect with the below URL as we got the error ‘Object 'ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortalContext' (page 'ifs.fnd.portlets.MyLinks')is not in DEFINED state!’.

<protocol>://<host>:<port>/b2een/secured/common/scripts/WebClientAdmin.page 

But now I can connect with that.

Are you recommending to clear the profile cache as there are no links folder in profiles?

Kindly let me know.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

No need to clear profile cache since you haven't change the profile. If there are no links in IFSAPP personal profile or base profile, this issue may caused by an erroneous link in other user profile.

So, to find the actual error you may need to check fndweb-alert-<timestamp>.log files in \\<IFS_HOME>\jboss-eap-5.1\jboss-as\server\<INSTANCE_NAME>\deploy\fndweb.ear\b2een.war\WEB-INF\log folder. Check the log files just after  “ifs.fnd.asp.ASPPortalContext' (page 'ifs.fnd.portlets.MyLinks')is not in DEFINED state!” error start to occur. Then you can find the actual runtime error in the log files.

Badge +14

Hi @suneth, Thank you for sharing the log file location, and that was very useful to identify issues.