NVL(IFSAPP.TIME_PERS_DIARY_RESULT_API.GET_WAGE_HOURS

(ED.COMPANY_ID,

ED.EMP_NO,

Wage_Group_API.Encode('HOL Holiday'),

'HOL',

null,

ED.ACCOUNT_DATE,

ED.ACCOUNT_DATE),0) HOL_HOURS,

this line works in SQL developer but when I try to deploy the IAL in IFS I get the following error:

I have highlighted in red the Encode part of the code that seems to be upsetting the IFS IAL deployment 

I would really appreciate if you have any insights about this error message.

Many thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Miguel,

When entering an IAL you see in screen IAL Object Developer, amongst others, the following

For you this means that you will have to write the line as:

&AO..Wage_Group_API.Encode('HOL Holiday'),

Yes, that is two dots (‘..’) between the O and the W.

Steve

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi Steve,

Many thanks, the deployment went through without errors.

I don’t think I understand the rationale of the change though. Please see the main part of my SQL code with the IAL deployed successfully now. I only inserted the &AO.. in the nested API call, not everywhere.

Miguel

ifsapp.work_sched_assign_api.Get_Day_Sched_Code(COMPANY_ID,EMP_NO,ACCOUNT_DATE) SCHEDULE,
  NVL(IFSAPP.WORK_SCHED_ASSIGN_API.GET_SCHED_HOURS_DB(COMPANY_ID,EMP_NO,ACCOUNT_DATE,ACCOUNT_DATE),0) SCHED_HOURS,
  NVL(IFSAPP.TIME_PERS_DIARY_RESULT_API.GET_ABSENCE_HOURS(COMPANY_ID,EMP_NO,ACCOUNT_DATE,ACCOUNT_DATE),0) ABSENCE_HOURS,
  NVL(IFSAPP.TIME_PERS_DIARY_RESULT_API.GET_WAGE_HOURS(COMPANY_ID,EMP_NO,&AO..Wage_Group_API.Decode('Absemce'),'HOL',null,ACCOUNT_DATE,ACCOUNT_DATE),0) HOL_HOURS,
  NVL(IFSAPP.TIME_PERS_DIARY_RESULT_API.GET_WAGE_HOURS(COMPANY_ID,EMP_NO,&AO..Wage_Group_API.Decode('Absemce'),'SICK',null,ACCOUNT_DATE,ACCOUNT_DATE),0) SICK_HOURS,
  NVL(IFSAPP.TIME_PERS_DIARY_RESULT_API.GET_WAGE_HOURS(COMPANY_ID,EMP_NO,&AO..Wage_Group_API.Decode('Absemce'),'BHOL',null,ACCOUNT_DATE,ACCOUNT_DATE),0) BHOL_HOURS,

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Miguel,

It works what you have done. However it would be best if everywhere where you have entered IFSAPP. manually change it in &AO..

This ensures that if for one reason or the other the application owner is changed, the IAL remains working as designed.

Steve