Question

error during order delivery after successful environment and sanity builds

• 4 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 39 replies

We have done quite a number of code customisations without problems but this time we have got an error during the order delivery even though everything worked fine during the environment and sanity builds.

Start running Inventory_Part_API.Post_Installation_View at 2023-10-03 18:58:56

!!!Error occurred while executing Plsql Block at 03-OCT-23 18:59:11
BEGIN
   Dbms_Output.Put_Line('Start running Inventory_Part_In_Stock_API.Post_Installation_View at ' || TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'));
   Inventory_Part_In_Stock_API.Post_Installation_View;
   COMMIT;
END;

ORA-04063: view "IFSAPP.SINGLE_MANUAL_RESERVATION" has errors
ORA-04063: view "IFSAPP.SINGLE_MANUAL_RESERVATION" has errors
ORA-06512: at "IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_IN_STOCK_API", line 25618
ORA-06512: at line 3

I can’t see a reason for the error.  The view definitions look ok.  Why would an error happen during order delivery which didn’t happen during the previous builds?

Any help much appreciated!

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Marion.

So you’ve made a modification, merged to “master” and run sucessful Sanity build. Before creating the delivery, did you create a new DEV environment? It would be a good check to verify that a new environment can be spawned using the latest commit tagged with a successful sanity tag. If you already did this and the environment was created fine, then I wonder if you have more logs information from the Delivery creation process so we can have a look at them and try to find out the cause of the problem.

Thank you much.

Best regards.

Gonzalo.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi Gonzalo

Many thanks for your response.

Yes, I did a DEV build and that environment ran ok but that was before the sanity build.  Are you suggesting doing another DEV build with the sanity tag as the basis?  I’ll give that a go now…

Thanks again,

Marion

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi Gonzalo

I think perhaps I have misunderstood.

“It would be a good check to verify that a new environment can be spawned using the latest commit tagged with a successful sanity tag”

We’re not able to select a sanity tag when we do a DEV build, only the master branch.

Thanks,

Marion

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi.

When you spawn a new DEV environment, you cannot select anything. It will take the latest sucessful sanity tag from “master” branch automatically.

That’s why I’ve made this suggestion. You merge to master, run sanity build and once it finishes OK, you can order a new DEV environment and check if it is created without error.

Have a try and let us know if it is created without problems.

Best regards.

Gonzalo.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi Gonzalo

We did another DEV build after the sanity build (we requested it this morning, and the sanity build was done yesterday).  It’s running OK.  We did notice that it didn’t take very long to build though, it was much quicker than the original DEV build.  Would you expect that?

Thanks,

Marion

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi Gonzalo

We also kicked off another delivery and this time it’s worked, even though there have been no changes.

So, no explanation, but at least we can progress with the delivery!

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Best regards,

Marion

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Marion.

I don’t know the exact details of the Sanity Build process. It might happen that the second time you triggered the Sanity Build some artifacts could have been reused and not computed again leading to a quicker run.

Glad to read that this second time, Delivery was build sucessfully. I think I’ve seen this kind of situations before but I cannot explain why this second time it worked. Install in CFG and check if everything is OK; then move to UAT and PRD.

Best regards.

Gonzalo.