Solved

Entering formatted text

• 21 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Maybe I'm just to early, but is there any option to prepare a standard field to accept formatted text, so just as when using this community having the following ribbon on top:

Aurena is build in/with HTML5 so some must be available.

If not on standard fields, which I can understand as the database field might not be able to handle it (especially not if an image is included), a custom attribute maybe?

I tried to add one, but not of the field/data types is coming close. Maybe a string with multiline entry option. Not even that as it only allows max 4000 characters (in IFS21R2).

So no solution there.

What would be a solution if customer wants to have some content belonging to for example a part connected and maintainable in Aurena?

icon

Best answer by Bertrand Dousset 18 August 2022, 15:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Is it this kind of field you are looking for ?

In such a case, you can select the control as “markdowneditor” in the page designer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Bertrand,

You made, part of, my day 😁

This is more like it. Now I have to fiddle around with the max number of characters of the field and images that are to be included.

The intention is to use the mark up in external documents (quotes for customers), so we have to replace the mark up language codes during the report rendering.

Enough tasks that we can work with, but for now: thank you.

Badge +2

Is it this kind of field you are looking for ?

In such a case, you can select the control as “markdowneditor” in the page designer.

Hi Bertrand, hope you are doing well.

Can I send you a DM please? I would like to know if there is a way to have formatting options when we create a guideline. Merci !