Enable Save Search

• 27 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 117 replies

Hello,

We are using Apps 10 UPD11.  A user is trying to save a search but the Save button is not enabled.  I’ve checked the permission sets but can’t seem to find the missing piece. I can log into the environment as two different users - one user can save the search, one user cannot.

Is there something that turns that on/off for a user?  I’d like to figure out which specific object, etc. needs to be granted rather than granting additional permission sets because that may solve this problem but create others by granting undesirable access.  I tried finding the solution in the online documentation but I couldn’t find it there.

Thank you!

Joann

This user can’t save the search

This user can save the search

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 27 July 2021, 22:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

HI @jtobin,
I would suggest you to check Restricting Client Functionality (describes the presentation objects available that can restrict the use of specific client functionality in IFS Enterprise Explorer) 

Best Regards,
Yasas

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Yasas Kasthuriarachchi  Thank you for the information related to Restricting Client Functionality!  That is really helpful.  Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the issue.  The user does have a permission set that grants all of the EE% options but still can’t save a search.  I checked the user’s permission sets in two different environments  - in a test environment the user does have the EE% objects and can save a search.  In a production environment the user does have the EE% objects granted but the Save is not enabled.  Do you by any chance have any other suggestions?

The user has this same permission set in both environments.  All of the GUI Settings are granted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @jtobin ,

Can you try below and see whether it resolves the problem ?

Ask the user to log-off

Revoke the granted roles from the user and Save

Regrant the roles to the user and Save

Refresh security cache

Ask the user to log-in again and try

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @jtobin,

Looking at the above scenario, it seems to be like a specific issue.
I suggest you to raise a support ticket with IFS.

Cheers !
Dhananjaya.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Yasas Kasthuriarachchi  @ThushAsanka  @dhlelk  I did try revoking permission, refresh security cache, user log out, user log in and it was still an issue.  Thank you, All, for your help!  I’ll submit a support case with IFS.

Badge +2

Have you attemptedexporting the user profile from DEV and importing it into PROD? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello, @SSOLER  Thank you for that suggestion.  We will give that a try as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@jtobin 

Quick and simple check, make sure the Personal Profile is enabled and not disabled for some reason.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk  Thank you for that tip!  It is disabled for some reason.  I will have them enable it and try the saved search again.