Solved

Employees List

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

I’m trying to grant a user the ability to see the full list of employees under HR → Employee Management → Employees. When they search they get nothing, and when they populate they only see their own name in the list. I copied the permissions for this user from another user that can see the whole list so it’s not a permission issue. Does anyone know where I go to get this user the ability to see all employees?

Thanks

Mike

icon

Best answer by david.harmer 11 May 2021, 02:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mess1153,

Did you refresh the security cache after the permission set import?  If not, please do a refresh security cache to check if that resolves the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @mess1153 ,

Can you verify the below information?

• Check if your employee is linked to a Person ID which is active ?
  • Check if the employee belongs to a proper organization code and position? Maybe for testing purposes you can assign the employee to the same organization code and position similar to the employee who can see the employee list.

Hope the above information would help you :relaxed:

​​​​​​​Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @mess1153 ,

Can you verify the below information?

• Check if your employee is linked to a Person ID which is active ?
  • Check if the employee belongs to a proper organization code and position? Maybe for testing purposes you can assign the employee to the same organization code and position similar to the employee who can see the employee list.

Hope the above information would help you :relaxed:

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Yes, they have an active person ID and are in the correct organization code which is actually the same as the other employee. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @mess1153,

Did you refresh the security cache after the permission set import?  If not, please do a refresh security cache to check if that resolves the issue.

Yes this has been refreshed and still nothing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mess1153,

Is the IEE or Aurena?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @mess1153,

Is the IEE or Aurena?

It’s in IEE. We are on Apps 10 UP 9

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

I’m trying to grant a user the ability to see the full list of employees under HR → Employee Management → Employees. When they search they get nothing, and when they populate they only see their own name in the list. I copied the permissions for this user from another user that can see the whole list so it’s not a permission issue. Does anyone know where I go to get this user the ability to see all employees?

Thanks

Mike

This behaviour is correct.  What is missing here is most likely additional functional setup for the user within the HR module.  I would recommend you posting this query also in the Human Capital Management section of the Community.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

Thanks

Mike

This behaviour is correct.  What is missing here is most likely additional functional setup for the user within the  HR module.  I would recommend you posting this query also in the Human Capital Management section of the Community.

I agree it has to be in the setup somewhere as it’s not a permission issue. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find it. I’ll post this in the HR side as well. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello.

For a user to see all employees there are a couple ways, both controlled in Human Resources\Organization Administration\Organization Access Setup\Supervisor - Access Setup

Either Set them as a HR Application Manager (checkbox) , then they get access to view all employees, or explicitly give them access to the top level of the organisation structure an ensure “Include Subordinates” is checked. 

If it just to view employee’s then i suggest the first method, the second method is more related to authorisation within HR. 

David.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@mess1153 

@david.harmer  definitely has the right answer, it isn’t any of the permissions related things mentioned in earlier replies.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

It was the HR application manager check box in the supervisor screen. Thanks you!