Solved

Email Event Action help

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

I need assistance with getting the Event Action type “Email” working. I’m having an issue with my custom attribute field in the event, and this is the error I get when trying to run the event action:

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by anmise 10 May 2023, 21:23

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @anmise 

All of them were flagged as main, I think it has something to do with one contact, as every BO email that failed had the same contact. It might be because they have a weird email (rocketmail) but that contact was a test contact anyways so I’ll take it! Thanks again : )

For a related question, what would be the API call for getting the contact name (first or full name) or the company name? 

Again, thank you so much for all of the help, you are amazing.
Bryan

Ok, great. 

For the full contact name, you should be able to use (mind you, CRM is not my area of expertise, and I’m not sure if that’s always true)

Person_Info_API.Get_Name(main_contact_id)

For just the first name

Person_Info_API.Get_first_Name(main_contact_id)

Last name and middle name, you can probably figure out from that 😉

For company name, I’m assuming you mean the customer on the opportunity? 
Then you can use 

Business_Opportunity_API.Get_Customer_Name__(opportunity_no)

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@anmise 

As always, thank you so much. You’ve been a ton of help, and I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to send me this information. I appreciate it immensely.

Thanks again,

Bryan 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @anmise 

All of them were flagged as main, I think it has something to do with one contact, as every BO email that failed had the same contact. It might be because they have a weird email (rocketmail) but that contact was a test contact anyways so I’ll take it! Thanks again : )

For a related question, what would be the API call for getting the contact name (first or full name) or the company name? 

Again, thank you so much for all of the help, you are amazing.
Bryan

Ok, great. 

For the full contact name, you should be able to use (mind you, CRM is not my area of expertise, and I’m not sure if that’s always true)

Person_Info_API.Get_Name(main_contact_id)

For just the first name

Person_Info_API.Get_first_Name(main_contact_id)

Last name and middle name, you can probably figure out from that 😉

For company name, I’m assuming you mean the customer on the opportunity? 
Then you can use 

Business_Opportunity_API.Get_Customer_Name__(opportunity_no)

HI @anmise 

It seems like that last API call for the Customer name (Business_Opportunity_API.Get_Customer_Name__(opportunity_no)) causes the event to fail. I’ve tried both the new and old values for the Opportunity_No. I don’t really need the Company name for the customer, so it’s not a huge deal, but I’m posting this so people in the future who might look at this post know that it causes an ORA “table mutation” error

Thank you again for all of the help!,

Bryan