Solved

Editing report IFS Report Designer

• 11 September 2023
  • 20 replies

Badge +6

Hi, 

I am trying to edit the report layout using IFS Report Designer. I want to add a column with InvoiceNo, but when I add it, the column is not visible after printing the modified report. Can anyone explain to me why?

Report which i want to edit is CashBoxReportRep.rdl

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Technical Toby 18 September 2023, 13:28

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi, 

I am trying to edit the report layout using IFS Report Designer. I want to add a column with InvoiceNo, but when I add it, the column is not visible after printing the modified report. Can anyone explain to me why?

Report which i want to edit is CashBoxReportRep.rdl

Best regards

Hi @kacperifs , is it possible to view the added column when viewing the report using the Report Designer tool before printing?

Badge +6

As you can see, I added the "Invoice_No" column, fetched the layout to my environment, and the result is as below:

There is no data under that

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@kacperifs 

For your result_key in the cash_box_report_rep view, do you see the invoice_no populated?

If no, then it’s not populated for your transaction. 

If yes, then how did you add the INVOICE_NO to the report in the spot you’re showing above?  It’s currently available for this report at the transaction_detail level and you’ve added it to one level above.    

Check that the path to the INVOICE_NO is correct.  It should be tns:TRANSACTION_DETAILS/tns:TRANSACTION_DETAIL/tns:INVOICE_NO  not simply tns:INVOICE_NO.

Is there a 1 to 1 relationship between the TRANSACTION and TRANSACTION_DETAIL in the report?  I’m not familiar with the subject matter, but you could figure that out by looking at the cash_box_report_rep view.  If it’s not 1 to 1 and you can have multiple detail records per transaction with only some of the details having the invoice_no populated, then you’ll need to adjust how you pull the invoice_no to conform to your business logic.

Badge +6

Hi @Tracy Norwillo 

Thank you for your reply. As you said, I checked the cash_box_rep view and I see that this column exists in that view.

I also verified the path and it looks correct:

Strange problem, because the data in the image below is visible on the printed report, but without invoice_no.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@kacperifs 

For your result key, does the INVOICE_NO show as populated in the original position - in the TRANSACTION_DETAIL?

For your result key, is the INVOICE_NO populated for all of the records in in the view?

Badge +6

Same as at your picture.

If I leave Invoice_No in its original position, it still does not display any data, even if I change/remove the conditions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@kacperifs 

Is there an actual value (ie: data) for the invoice_no in the view for all rows for your result_key?

select result_key, row_no, invoice_no from cash_box_report_rep where result_key = :my_result_key

Badge +6

I entered few result_key of printed reports and there was no data. If you print your report you can see any data under Invoice_No?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@kacperifs 

I’m going to give you some general guidance to help get you unstuck because I’m not familiar with the Cash Box Report…

There is security on the report views that only allows certain users to see the results.  You’ll either see it directly at the end of the report for or at the end of the info_services_rpv view, if that’s the original source.  You must be connected as an allowed user to see the results.  If you are and you can’t, then maybe you are not entering the correct result_key.  It’s a simple task to take that parameter off of the sql and run a select *.

If the field is not populated in the report view, then check the report RPI to see what logic populates the field in the view.  You should see it’s coming from mixed_payment_ledger_trans_tab and is the ledger_item_series_id and ledger_item_id.  Check these against your IFS source.

Badge +6

Hi @Tracy Norwillo 

I am using IFSAPP user to print the report. Also I took result key from Print Manager page.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi there!
As the invoice_no is listed in TRANSACTION_DETAIL, you have to put it into the proper table.

Move it from transaction (where there is no data in the xml I assume) to transaction_detail table. Check the Data XML.

Should be displayed then :)

Kind regards,

TT

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@kacperifs @Technical Toby 

For my own edification, please…

kacperifs stated that the field which was already in the TRANSACTION_DETAIL section wasn’t showing up.  “If I leave Invoice_No in its original position, it still does not display any data, even if I change/remove the conditions.”

I’m curious to know why it’s showing up now?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Tracy Norwillo

The field invoice_no had been in a specific connected table.

This table is connected to the XML Tag TRANSACTION

Not to the details.

Examine the Data XML in such a case.

It would be

<TRANSACTION>

<value1/>

<value2/>

<example>This is a Test </example>

<TRANSACTION_DETAIL>

<CODE_A/>

<CODE_B/>

<CODE_C/>

<CODE_D/>

<INVOICE_NO>12345</INVOICE_NO>

</TRANSACTION_DETAIL>

</TRANSACTION>

The report designer uses the table connections to search for the values. Which in return means, even if the value and the tag invoice_no is in the TRANSACTION Section, the report framework will look for the value where you mentioned it should be.

In this case, the invoice_no from TRANSACTION_DETAIL had been added to transaction.

This leads to the assumption, that this value can be found in the TRANSACTION section where value1, value2 and example are. But as you can see, this is not correct and the value will not be found.

When using the navigator on the left, it would be visible, that the INVOICE_NO is not located in the TRANSACTION Tag section but in the TRANSACTION_DETAIL Tag section.

I hope this clarifies the topic for a better understanding.

All the best,

Toby

Badge +6

Hi @Tracy Norwillo 

Does this mean that we can't add the Invoice_No column to the printout?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@kacperifs  Putting aside where you tried to re-add the invoice_no,  you should be seeing the invoice_no in the original report position as long as you satisfy the visible condition and the value is being pulled into the report_view.

Will you please clarify if you ARE or are NOT seeing a value for the invoice_no in the original report position in the TRANSACTION_DETAIL section?   

Above you stated you could not see the invoice_no there  even if you removed the visible condition so we started down a line of trouble-shooting to see if the value for the invoice_no is in the report view.

Badge +6

@Tracy Norwillo 

In the original report position I can’t see value for invoice_no, even If i remove conditions. When I move Invoice_No to TRANSACTION section then it shows up as at the screen below but without data:

ORIGINAL VIEW OF PRINTOUT WITH REMOVED CONDITIONS:

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@kacperifs 

Okay, that’s what I thought.  Unless @Technical Toby has thoughts on why it’s not showing up in the original position in the TRANSACTION_DETAIL section of the report, we’re back to checking to see if there’s an INVOICE_NO value in the report view for your result_key.  If you are connected as the app owner, you should be able to see what’s in the view.

Badge +6

@Tracy Norwillo @Technical Toby 

I’ve logged into database with IFSAPP user.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@kacperifs 

When you run the report, are you choosing Yes or No for the Detailed parameter?  

Can you check in the report archive and view the xml to see what’s populated there?  Look in the TRANSACTION_DETAIL section as @Technical Toby shows above.

Badge +6

Hi @Technical Toby @Tracy Norwillo

Somehow I made it, but it’s still not satysfaying enough for me. The thing is that I switched the way I order the printout. I used to order printout from Cashbox page, like on the screen below:

Then I switched the layout which i edited before and there was no data as I mentioned. But feedback from @Tracy Norwillo made me think and I switched it to page:

Field named “Detailed” was real game changer in that case.

Now my question is:

Is it possible to add this report with marked field “Detailed - Yes” to Cashbox page?