EDI - Export GLN (EAN Location) in xml files

• 12 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
  • Superhero (Customer)
  • 944 replies

Dear community,

we export EDI messages (DESADV, INVOIC, ORDERSP) from IFS. I noticed that the GLN number (EAN Location No) doesn’t exist in the xml files. 

But our EDI provider needs it.

Is there a way to export it?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Link ,

In INVOIC, I can see that field C48 is retrieving the EAN location (EAN location no. for your document address), but for others, normally the EAN corresponding to your customer are the ones requested.

In any case, if the field is not available in actual EDI messages you can either:

• Use another available and not used field to store this info and then it will be sent in the EDI message
  • Proceed with a customization to insert a new field in outbox message and a new tag in xml file, in case you use this option.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Pilar Franco 

thank you for your response.

For the first case you mentioned above:

1. You are talking about changes in the transformer, right?
  2. Do you have any experience?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Link ,

No, for the first case I refer, it’s easier than that. Just to use an available information field in EDI message fields and xml tags that it’s not being used with your current configuration and that you could use to update this field with the missing EAN location and then the value will be included in this non-used field. This means, to use a field designed for another informational purpose as EAN field. Then, EDI provider can use the information in this field to retrieve the EAN info.

The second option of the customization will imply to create a new field in out_message_line_tab, with corresponding logic to retrieve the EAN value, change in bizapi that generates the xml file and new xml tag for the new field. If you already have a transformer that changes the xml file to another format, then a change in transformer is also needed, to include the new info.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Pilar Franco 

thank you for the clarification.

I understand your intentions now. 😊