Question

Does IFS Connect in IFS Cloud support Ib=nbound XML files

• 29 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

New to IFS and trying to use IFS Connect in IFSCloud.

I am trying to bring in an XML file for Incoming Customer Orders (OrdersStruct) but it fails with the message "Error while de-serializing contents". I am using the transformer IFS_XML_TO_JSON_GENERIC.

Is it possible to bring in XML files or does IFS Connect only support inbound JSON files?

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Yes, IFS Connect can handle incoming XML files. I created several interfaces for IFS Cloud that handle incoming XML documents. Works fine.

Badge +1

heibde,

Have you set up one for an Incoming Customer Order (Projection Resource = SalesMessageService.ReceiveCustomerOrder)? If so, do you have an example of how you set up the Routing Address for this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I never used incoming routing addresses of type ‘Projection’. I always used ‘Plsql’ and created PL/SQL code that handles the XML document.

Could it be that your transformer does not work as you expect? Just use a different routing address of type mail and use your mail address. Than you will see what would be sent to the projection. Probably it’s the wrong format for this projection.

Badge +1

Thanks, I will try our suggestion to see what is happening.

I am using a standard IFS transformer so I do not know what it is doing.

Badge +3

Hi all,

Could you please help me?

To which IFS Cloud endpoint I should send XML einvoice?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Please use https://<server>:<port>/int/soapgateway.

Than you need a inbound routing rule for the message. (It’s no longer possible to cann the BizAPI directly, as we don’t have BizAPIs in IFS Cloud.

And you will need a routing address (e. g. of type ‘Plsql’) that can handle the message.

Badge +3

Please use https://<server>:<port>/int/soapgateway.

Than you need a inbound routing rule for the message. (It’s no longer possible to cann the BizAPI directly, as we don’t have BizAPIs in IFS Cloud.

And you will need a routing address (e. g. of type ‘Plsql’) that can handle the message.

Send POST request to this endpoint witch XML in payload?

I try doing this bus still heaving ‘401 Authorization Required’, even though I get authorization token. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Not sure if ‘POST’ is correct. I would try it with ‘GET’.

But this won’t change the problem that your authentication is wrong. IFS Cloud requires OAuth2.0. If you get a 401 error, there’s something wrong with your authentication. If you really got a token, you might got it from the wrong authentication server? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Check if the user you are using to authenticate is granted FND_CONNECT permission set.

Cheers!

Damith