Question

Dictionary cache refresh issue

• 14 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I’m currently investigating a technical issue of LOV being empty. I’m getting the following error when tried to populate the LOV named “Sales_Charge_Type”.

While investigating the issue, I have found that the issue is related to view comments and in order to resolve that issue I have done a dictionary and security cache refresh both from the client side as well as by manually doing a cache refresh (executing “EXEC DICTIONARY_SYS.REBUILD_DICTIONARY_STORAGE_ (1,'FULL');” on database).

However, the issue was not resolved, and to verify whether the cache refresh is done successfully I have checked for the record on “Dictionary_Sys_View_Tab” as well and there were no any records available.

Anyone can help to resolve this?

3 replies

Badge

Hi @Kithmini Mallikaarachchi 

Is this LOV a customization LOV? 

Maybe you have to check whether the view in .views file is working fine or LOV Reference property is correctly set for this column in the designer in the client side (C#)

Best Regards,

Badge +5

Hi @Pedro Gutiérrez 

Thanks for the reply.

This is a standard LOV not a customization one and this issue is not only related to the LOV and the view.

The problem here is that the Dictionary_Sys_View is not getting updated even after doing a reconfiguration.

Best Regards,

Kithmini

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Charith Epitawatta 
Could you please help on this?
The issue is, its not updated the Dictionary_Sys_View even after doing a configuration.
It caused for the mentioned ORA-00936 Error.

Best Regards

-Kelum