Question

DEVOPS

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Is there a way to import and export Lobbies and lobby elements using something similar to the Application Configuration Package? I am able to export the element and datasource file but not sure how I can move this to PROD easily.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to Framework and Experience.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Unfortunately, Application Configuration Package (ACP) does not facilitate for Lobbies.

To move Lobbies between environments, I tend to export the entire Lobby as a zip file, this will include the page, elements and data sources.  You can then import the Lobby zip file in the Lobby Overview.

IFS Cloud - Go to the Lobby Page, select Toggle Lobby Toolbar (spanner icon), click Export Page.

Apps10 EE - Go to the Lobby Overview, select the Lobby Page, click Export Page.

Badge +1

I am also interested in doing this but I would like to be able to do it via the API or IFS Connect or even a combination of them. I have manged to export the lobby page using LobbyConfiguration.svc/GetPageDefinition(PageId='<Page ID>'). I actually used the followining command from the terminal (bash):

curl -u "<username>:<password>" \
https://<my-domain>/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/ \
LobbyConfiguration.svc/GetPageDefinition"(PageId='<Page ID>')" \
>> export.page.xml

This seems to work fine, and produces an XML file almost identical to when you export manually, it’s just needs some odata text removed and formatting which I made a python script for.

My problem is I can’t see anyway of importing that file back in to IFS. I’ve looked through the API Explorer and can’t see anything. I also imported a lobby file manually, and paid attention to the server invokes both in the IFS Debug Console and the browser Dev Tools. This led me to try this URL using POST: https://<my-domain>/main/ifsapplications/web/server/lobby/page/save-full-page/

I used the same credentials but I get a 401 Authorization error:

<html>
<head><title>401 Authorization Required</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>401 Authorization Required</h1></center>
<hr><center>openresty</center>
</body>
</html>

I want to do this so I am be able to automate the process of taking lobbies out of one instance of IFS in say a dev environment and import them back in to an instance in another environment.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? What tools I should use etc.

Thanks in advance.