Solved

Developer Studio - Exception while generating code (IFS Cloud 21r1)

• 24 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi

I am getting error in IFS developer Studio when trying to generate code for any entity/utility/projection … in 21r1 project. The error is:

Exception while generating code for … Cannot open/read template file

in template [jar:file:/C:/Users/kanaus/AppData/Roaming/DeveloperStudio/10.82/modules/ifs-dev-model-codegen-ibs.jar!/ifs/dev/model/codegen/apps20/lu/utility/templates/Utility.plsql.default.template]

Any idea what is the problem and how to resolve it? (BTW, I reinstalled latest version of Developer Studio)

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Sahan Udana 27 September 2021, 03:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

HI Kamal.Nazzal,

I saw a similar error in this workplace post today. solution was to clear the cache. Kindly check this.

https://oneifs.workplace.com/groups/developerStudioUserCommunity/permalink/1047515922658988/

Regards,

Sahan

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I did what was suggested in this post in workplace (https://oneifs.workplace.com/groups/developerStudioUserCommunity/permalink/1047515922658988/) , but it didn’t resolve my issue. 3 members of my team are having this issue when trying to generate code for 21r1 project.

The detail error message is:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/IFS/DeveloperStudio10.82/developer_studio/modules/ifs-dev-model-codegen-ibs.jar!/ifs/dev/model/codegenProjection-Nestedcrud.plsvc.default.template
    at org.netbeans.JarClassLoader$NbJarURLConnection.connect(JarClassLoader.java:1120)
    at org.netbeans.JarClassLoader$NbJarURLConnection.getInputStream(JarClassLoader.java:1156)
    at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1045)
    at ifs.dev.model.codegen.CodeTemplate.readFileContent(CodeTemplate.java:141)
Caused: ifs.dev.base.ApplicationException: Cannot open/read template file
in template [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/IFS/DeveloperStudio10.82/developer_studio/modules/ifs-dev-model-codegen-ibs.jar!/ifs/dev/model/codegen/apps20/lu/utility/templates/Utility.plsql.default.template]

at ifs.dev.model.codegen.CodeTemplate.readFileContent(CodeTemplate.java:154)
    at ifs.dev.model.codegen.CodeTemplate.<init>(CodeTemplate.java:122)

at ……...

Note: the error above is caused by not finding the jar file or the template in the jar file, but I checked and I can see the jar file and the template inside it in the same path as the error indicates:

C:\Program Files\IFS\DeveloperStudio10.82\developer_studio\modules\ifs-dev-model-codegen-ibs.jar !/ifs/dev/model/codegen/apps20/lu/utility/templates/Utility.plsql.default.template

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @kamal.nazzal 

Today I had the same issue and found a solution for this. You just need to close developer studio and navigate for the location below. You can delete the folder call 10.82 or rename it for something else(10.82_backup). Prefer to rename in case you need to restore it.

Location C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\DeveloperStudio

Once you reopen the developer studio it will create new folder as 10.82 and your issue will be solved.

Thanks and Regards,

Kavindu