Question

Deleting the records from the measurement history

Badge +2

Is it possible to delete the measured value from the measurement history at the test point of the object? I can only mark the value as wrong.

The integration API contains "Delete entity from EquipmentObjectMeasSet", but it returns an error:

There are many measured values ​​at the test point in the measurement history, and since the older values ​​are no longer needed, I would need to delete them.

The second reason is that I write the values via RestAPI, and if the test point has an extensive measurement history, the time to write a new value is disproportionately extended.deleting the record from the measurement history.

So, is there any possibility of removing the measured values ​​from the measurement history on the object, or will those records remain in IFSCloud forever?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

HI @CdcPatrCs  as you experienced it, deleting transaction history is not permitted due to the risks involved. Accidentally removing valid data can lead to various consequences.

However, in situations where the table contains a significant amount of older data, archiving becomes a viable option.

any thoughts @deshan.ekanayake  ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Mayura Wasantha @CdcPatrCs 

As Mayura mentioned, archiving is the only option as I see for older records. 

Refer: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/24r1/030_administration/050_data_management/020_data_archiving/