Solved

DB_SWITCH_SESSION:Could not switch database proxy session to user [IFSAPP]: IO Error: Socket closed

• 2 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +14

Hi All,

We are getting following error when we trying to login to the application.

I have seen similar posts for ORA-00022: invalid session ID; access denied

but I thought to post as this is having IO Error: Socket closed.

We can connect to the database and run select queries without errors.

This is in Apps09.

How can we fix this issue. I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you.

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Explorer: A fatal error occurred. Application will terminate. Sorry for any inconvenience. ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: DB_SWITCH_SESSION:Could not switch database proxy session to user [IFSAPP]: IO Error: Socket closed

IO Error: Socket closed
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync)
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()
   at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationRuntime.Core.FndApplication.InitializeSystemSettingsFromServer()
   at Ifs.Fnd.ApplicationRuntime.Core.FndApplication.StartupApplication()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

icon

Best answer by MitDenukN 3 December 2021, 22:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @MitDenukN,

Please check the database is up and running. Also check if the application is trying to connect to the 

correct database. You can verify both (including the database connection info) by running the  installer 

from IFShome and trying to connect using ifssys from the installer. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Badge +14

Hi @Kasun Balasooriya, Thank you for the quick response.

I ran the installer and entered sys password.

I got Connection successful message when I test the connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @MitDenukN ,

There are few topics which are discussing similar errors but none of them has reported the “IO Error: Socket closed”  error. 

Ref: 

1. DB_SWITCH_SESSION:Could not switch database proxy session to user [username] | IFS Community
  2. DB_SWITCH_SESSION:Could not switch database proxy session to user [username] | IFS Community

Check to see if the user has the connect grants as noted in 2)  and the profile values set to the user as noted in 1). 

Also check if the same user can login using a different machine. (Could be the connection between the IEE client and the sever is terminated abruptly by a third-party application like a virus guard) 

If all of that are in order and if you are still getting the same error, try logging a case to IFS and we can have a look. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Badge +14

Yes, I have checked those topics and as I found this could be checked with this query:

select * from PROXY_USERS where client = 'IFSAPP'

but I’m getting error for that

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
00942. 00000 -  "table or view does not exist"

And we are getting this same login error in different machines.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, I have checked those topics and as I found this could be checked with this query:

select * from PROXY_USERS where client = 'IFSAPP'

but I’m getting error for that

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
00942. 00000 -  "table or view does not exist"

And we are getting this same login error in different machines.

If you are not querying the table as application owner, you will have to include the schema owner before the table name and make sure the user has access to sys schema. 

select * from SYS.PROXY_USERS;

Badge +14

Thank you @Kasun Balasooriya, I’m connecting with app owner credentials and still it gives following:

But it is possible to query and get records for standard tables and views for example customer_info_tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you 

Thank you @Kasun Balasooriya, I’m connecting with app owner credentials and still it gives following:

But it is possible to query and get records for standard tables and views for example customer_info_tab.

Try the following:

• Please log in to SQLPlus prompt or PLSQL Developer tool as SYS user and run the below query.

select * from PROXY_USERS WHERE client = username

• If the above query does not return any data, please run the below command.

ALTER USER [username] GRANT CONNECT THROUGH ifssys;

Badge +14

Thank you very much for your support. I did this but still I’m getting the same error for PROXY_USERS.

Badge +14

We were able to fix this by running installer to reconfigure.

First time it partly failed and then got 404 error when try to login to the application.

Then again we reconfigured by deleting all .ear and .war files in ear folder as mentioned in this post.