Question

Date/Time Format for Entity Configuration >> Custom Attribute

• 29 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

In IFS Cloud, I added a custom attribute to the CustomerOrder entity to store date/time information. My custom attribute sits next to the standard attribute WantedDeliveryDate on the Customer Order screen.

When I enter a value for the standard attribute, it is formatted as: 10/1/22, 10:41 AM

When I enter a value for my custom attribute, it is formatted as: 2022-10-01T10:41:00Z

How can I get my custom attribute to display date and time in this format: 10/1/22, 10:41 AM?

I checked my computer’s regional settings, but since the standard attribute displays correctly, I don’t think regional settings are the issue. Where can I supply a formatting mask for my custom attribute?

I checked Page Designer on CustomerOrder but didn’t see a formatting property

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

The projection metadata (both client & Server) are generated in the same way for both attributes.

E.g.

Entity: CustomerOrder in CustomerOrderHandling API

Standard attribute: WantedDeliveryDate

CustomAttribute: Cf_Naba_Date_Test)

Entity attribute Client Metadata for CustomerOrderHandling

Entity attribute Server Metadata for CustomerOrderHandling

In addition, I don’t see any different in server response formatting for Get/GetByKey endpoints of CustomerOrderSet entity set

Hence, the difference seems due to some different handling somewhere within Client FW.

@tofuse @LakmaliRD any input here?

Badge +2

The projection metadata (both client & Server) are generated in the same way for both attributes.

Navinth, thank you for this. Are you saying you were able to reproduce the behavior in question?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@Tech Phil If remember correctly, I focused only the configuration injected metadata for the projection, where we have seen no issues there.