Question

Customize Parameter on Order Report

• 28 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello, 

I have looked at most topics available on this and am still at a loss so I thought I would try asking for help here. 

I have a custom operational report(ran from the order report window) created by a contractor who is no longer working for us. I have the .xsd, .rdf, and the .rdl file for this report. I am trying to understand how I can customize this report to pull in a different view and also to change the parameter the report is asking for. 

I have read that there might be a .report file I am missing, is that the case here? I’ve also read about generating model files and things like that...

I have never created a custom report before but I do have IFS Developer Studio but am struggling to understand how to use it in this case scenario and like usual the IFS tech docs are not very useful for beginners. 

Thank you for all your help, 

Eli Williams

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Eli_Williams,

Have you had chance to go through the documentation on Operational Report Development? 
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/050_development/025_operational_reporting/default.htm

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Himasha Abeywickrama

Yes, I have looked through the entirety of that documentation.

According to the documentation you linked this is what it is saying: “The generated code for model file will be located in the gen folder which could be found at {ProjectName}\build\gen. Database related generated code could be found in the db folder and Service layer related generated code will be in the server folder.”

Our application server is on the IFS cloud, so is that where these files I’m missing are stored? Am I just missing the .project file then to be able to make these changes?

Thanks, 

Eli

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@Eli_Williams

Eli - Where you change the report logic depends on where the contractor put the logic.  For this type of operational report, there is a setting in the .report fle that looks like this:

codegenproperties {
   GenerateRdf                "yes";

If it is set to “yes”, then you would edit the .report file because the deployed .rdf is auto-generated from the .report file IFS Developer Studio.  If it is set to “no” or is absent, then you may need to look in both the .rdf and the .report file, depending on what it is you need to change about the report parameter.  

Look at the top of the .rdf file you have.  Does it say “NOTE: This file is generated and will be overwritten at next model change”?  This means that it was generated from the .report file.

The .report file should be part of the IFS Developer Studio Project that the contractor created.