Solved

Customization to ignore static code analysis

• 12 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to modify a projection file (ExampleHandling-Cust.projection). An entity action. When working in the IFS developer studio the action will have an error that the action is not implemented. 

entity action with code analysis error

When I look at the projection core layer files (22R2 core files downloaded from build place), even these have this error for entity actions. Is there a way to tell the static code analyzer to skip this validation? Due to this error being categorized as a priority2 issue, it will not allow me to deploy the change. As far as I can tell the implementation should be correct now.

Thanks,

Lavon

icon

Best answer by hamalk 13 February 2024, 05:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

hi @Edwards 

If the method implementation for this action is missing in .plsvc file, it’s valid to get this SCA P2 issues. 

For below “DoUpdateAccountsWithDefaultGroupAccount" action when I removed the method implementation I get the SCA error as follows. If you want to get rid of this just add the method skeleton.

/Harshini

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you Harshini,

I was putting the action within the entity described in the “Entity Details” section as opposed to the “Actions” section of the projection file. Moving the action declaration indeed resolved this issue.

I was copying the core layer implementation, in which they put the action there. As mentioned, when reviewing the core files even those are displaying the missing implementation error.

Thank you,

Lavon