Solved

Customers info xml to sFTP location

• 24 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We are integrating with a supplier using EDI and have setup the transfer of incoming customer orders and purchase invoices during setup and testing.

There is a need to send the supplier our customer delivery address information so they can reference this on their orders, as they are delivering to our customers using supply code ‘Purch Ord Direct’.  This process should be scheduled daily to allow them to keep their records up-to-date as new customers are added.

I have so far been able to create a quick report to get the required information and been able to schedule the quick report to send the data via e-mail. 

Does anyone know if there is a way for us to schedule the output in csv or xml format for IFS connect to send the file into a sFTP location?

We are on IFS10 UPD16.

Thanks

Darren

icon

Best answer by dsj 24 May 2023, 13:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @darren j turner 

with IFS connect there isn’t a way for your case.

You can do that.with boomi if you use it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @darren j turner 

You can create a schedule script in IFS using a small trick. Following community topic explains how to do it ;)

Scheduled execution of a custom script | IFS Community

You can use the same SQL as in the quick report to fetch the data as a plsql cursor, create the XML/CSV as a clob and send to IFS Connect using Plsqlap_Server_API.Post_Outbound_Message

Post_Outbound_BizAPI (ifs.com)

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks @dsj , that sounds like exactly what I was looking for.  I’ll follow your guide and try to get this set up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks @dsj , that sounds like exactly what I was looking for.  I’ll follow your guide and try to get this set up.

Good luck!.

Here are some tips on how to create a XML using DBMS_XMLDOM  package. Hope it will useful to you along the way :)

https://dsj23.me/2019/09/18/how-to-use-dbms_xmldom-to-create-xml-from-pl-sql/