Question

Customer Order status updated to 'Invoice/Closed' when Shipment is Delivered

• 28 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

A very vague question I know but I thought I would ask anyway :)

We have a repeatable instances where some Customer Order are updated to 'Invoice/Closed' when a Shipment is ‘Delivered’ and some Customer Orders (same customer / Order Type / Shipment Type) once shipped, the Customer Order state goes into a ‘Delivered’ state??

I can see this process is using the Quick Order Flow (API) process and I have spend a good couple of hours looking around the API stack and still none the wiser. 

Can anybody help / seen this before?

Thanks in advance..

James 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@JamesW72 I assume this is happening because you have the Delivery Confirmation enabled for some customers.

When delivery confirmation is used, then Orders will stay in Delivered until confirmation is done. Only after delivery confirmation they can be invoiced.

If delivery confirmation is not used and order type is set to create invoice immediately after delivery, then those orders will go directly to invoiced/Closed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@JamesW72 I assume this is happening because you have the Delivery Confirmation enabled for some customers.

When delivery confirmation is used, then Orders will stay in Delivered until confirmation is done. Only after delivery confirmation they can be invoiced.

If delivery confirmation is not used and order type is set to create invoice immediately after delivery, then those orders will go directly to invoiced/Closed.

Hi and thank you. The two customer orders (one going into a ‘Closed/Invoiced’ state and one going into a ‘Delivered’ state) is for the same Customer, same Order type /etc. I’ll ask the business to check / confirm though. Thank  you for your response  though.

One thing to note and I didn’t include is, one of the orders going into a ‘Closed/Invoiced’ state is a migrated (excel) order and the other one (that goes into a ‘Delivered’ state) is a manually entered order.. I’ve check the CO / Shipments for both orders and they both seem fine..

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@JamesW72 perhaps the orders imported via excel have Delivery Confirmation FALSE at CO level and the ones entered manually get Delivery Confirmation as TRUE (if set to TRUE at Customer level, it will default in the CO Header also.)?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@JamesW72 perhaps the orders imported via excel have Delivery Confirmation FALSE at CO level and the ones entered manually get Delivery Confirmation as TRUE (if set to TRUE at Customer level, it will default in the CO Header also.)?

I’ve check both orders and they are both ‘Confirm Deliveries’ No .. Strange isn’t it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@JamesW72 could it be that the Order Type was changed in between? Meaning that at some point it had a stop after delivery and invoice had to be created manually and now it’s configured to stop only after invoice is created?